Labels

Friday, September 13, 2013

Where I'm From

We read the original Where I'm From poem in English. Here is my imitation.

I am from the rose-thorn gate to a fantasy land,
From Harry Potter and Green Eggs and Ham.
I am from that secret meadow at the end of the trail
And bunk beds towering high above the floor.
I am from the stone that served as a royal throne
Whose severe features coldly surveyed its subjects.
My baby sister and I at the beach.
I am from Dolly and Minnie Mouse,
From Chase and Claire.
I am from beach kids and athletes,
And from reading a book a day,
From "As you wish" and "inconceivable!"
I am from  "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil."
I am from Vikings and carpenters,
From mac 'n' cheese and 'tuna nooda',
From traveling West in search of new horizons,
And from building your house with your own two hands,
From hiding from flashing lightning, the harbinger of tornadoes.

I am from those moments when the whole world consists of only those beside you.

5 comments:

  1. Agreed- love this! You're just too fantastic, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic. Was that taken this last summer's vacation? You two still have the same looks.

    It might say anonymous but it's me Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and the poem is outstanding! How can there be four such talented people in one house?

    ReplyDelete