Labels

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chapman

Yesterday, I went on the last of my college tours, this one to Chapman University in Orange County.  My initial motive for seeing this school was so that I could see my boyfriend again, but Chapman actually turned out to be very interesting.  I bought a shirt, so that means that I am going to apply!  Located in Orange county, the campus was beautiful and sunny.  The architecture reminded me of Pomona's, but without the starkness that I felt when I was there.  Chapman's 'inter-term' and different travel study options give a lot of good opportunities, and they have the type of medical program that I am looking at.  This is also the first time that one of the academic counselors has talked to me in depth about the pros and cons of living off campus, which interested me because Chapman is the only school that I am looking at where most of the students live off campus in the surrounding area.
Wrapping up this trip made me evaluate all of the colleges that I have visited so far. I came to the conclusion that I have a fairly solid five colleges that I want to apply to.  They have three tiers: my 1/2 tier is Pepperdine and Point Loma, which are interchangeable as my top choice; my 3/4 tier is USD and Chapman, which I would both be very happy to go to, but are slightly below the other two; then there is my "safety school", which doesn't mean that it's a school that I don't want to go, but that it is "safe" in almost every way. Saint Martin's is an hour from my house, familiar, small and Christian, and I have two friends that go there already. 
I would be happy to go to any of these schools, and I think that is important for my college list. I may still try to apply to an ivy or  two just to see what happens, but all of these 5 schools are places that I can see myself having a great college experience in. Now all that is left is to apply and choose! Haha, 'all'...


8 comments:

  1. Totally read it!!! Check!!! And for the record I'm rooting for chapman and then Pepperdine in the race for jessys heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I rooting for Pepperdine and then Chapman in the race for yours ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and which college has the best motorcycle parking... :D

      Delete
  2. So I'm curious. Is a pediatric doctorate different from a general medical doctorate? And dude, I think I spelled that right.. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. Either way I will have to go to medical school, though!

      Delete
  3. have you visited spu??? cause i think you should go there! ;) their pre-med program is one of their most prestigious; lots of students go to spu for that ...and if not spu, then st. martin's cause i don't want you to leave!! i would miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now nearly a month later, I'm curious how the thoughts may have changed... Or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete